Education Healthcare Food security
Florence Christian has initiated an enduring relationship with the local foundation. Plans are currently being made for a trip to Nicaragua with Tin Roof in 2018.
We’re often asked, “Why do you concentrate so much effort on the children of Nicaragua when there are so many in the world today that need help?” Although it saddens us deeply that we can’t help every child who is a victim of poverty, there are reasons we keep our focus on Nicaragua:
– The poverty in Nicaragua is unimaginable unless you’ve experienced it firsthand. The children suffer; they become the innocent victims.
– Nicaragua is a small country and we are a comparatively small organization. We can make a big difference in this country that so desperately needs a helping hand.
– Our country lies close to theirs. We can visit Nicaragua often to review our projects and track our results.
– We have close ties to good people in Nicaragua whom we can depend on to help identify and oversee our projects when we can’t be there.
– Droughts, floods, hurricanes, volcanoes—all are beyond the control of Nicaraguans and yet they endure them all.
– If not us, who? If not now, when?