2018 SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE: Do you have a story to tell?
Click here to volunteer or make a donation.
Our ‘Backpack Tale’ is about a 10+ year mission to provide school supplies to low-income students at almost all Boone Co. elementary schools plus several middle & high schools. Students qualify by meeting national eligibility criteria for free or reduced lunches. We donate supplies directly to school counselors & Family Resource Coordinators who then distribute to students in need. Last year, 8,662 Boone County students qualified for the free/reduced lunch program.
Our 2018 School Supplies project goal is to raise $3300 by Labor Day for the 8,662 Boone County students-in need who qualified for a free or reduced lunch last year. Our theme is ‘Backpack Tales’ & we’d like to hear from YOU about your experiences with this mission project. Short videos or written testimonies will be presented during worship in the upcoming weeks.
This project is an enormous success, not just financially, but because of the HUNDREDS of volunteer hours our congregation provides between July 1 & Labor Day. There are MANY different ways to help.
- Give 15 minutes at church on a Sunday morning.
- Give an hour during the week.
- Take projects home.
- Shop for school supplies and drop off at the church.
- Provide salad or sandwiches for the volunteers on Sunday afternoon.
- Donate funds to help stretch every dollar. You can donate online through Breeze, our secure church management software, or send a donation to the church office.
Keep watching bulletin announcements or contact Maleah Rhodes at 859-322-1688 or [email protected] to figure out how…