What is Stewardship
Christian stewardship is grateful and responsible use of God’s gifts in the light of God’s purpose as revealed in Jesus Christ. Christian stewards, empowered by the Holy Spirit, commit themselves to conscious, purposeful decisions. Stewardship is lived out in:
- Living and telling the Good News
- Sharing God in seeking justice, peace, and the integrity of creation in an interdependent universe
- Wisely employing God-given human resources, abilities, and relationships
- Sharing the material resources we hold and giving them in service, justice, and compassion
- Providing for future generations
- Sharing in the life, worship, and responsible stewardship of the Church and of its mission
- Both for the individual and for the community, stewardship is a joyful act for the sake of God’s world.
From: The Center for Faith and Giving, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
This holistic understanding of Stewardship has been a part of Florence Christian’s Stewardship Ministry. Through sharing our time, talents and treasure, FCC has been “living and telling” God’s Good News of abundant love, grace and acceptance.
Three “Pockets” of Financial Stewardship
- General Fund
- Capital Campaign
- Legacy Builders