Growing up in the 21st century is hard, and Florence Christian is dedicated to journeying beside youth and their families in this adventure. The teen years can be filled with questions of faith, the search for identity and a deep desire to be loved and accepted. To journey with youth in their faith and life, our youth ministry provides both small group and large group opportunities for youths to create relationships with their church friends, caring adults and, most of all, God.
As a way for youths to develop deep relationships with each other, caring adults, and God, we have a variety of small groups which meet at least monthly.
- FCC Gals Group – a group for girls 10 to 13, this group meets on the first and third Wednesdays each month in the Youth Room for a time of building friendship and faith.
- Boys Basketball Group – a group for boys 10 to 16, this group meets on the fourth Monday from 7 – 8:30 PM in the Activity Center to play basketball and other games, share a devotion that connects God to their everyday life and grow in their friendship with each other and our male adult leaders.
- High School Girls – a group for girls 14 and up which meets on Sundays at 5:30 PM for a weekly time of conversation filled with faith sharing and discovery, and friendship.
Being a follower of Jesus Christ is about serving others. In our youth ministry, we emphasize service by:
- Encouraging each youth small group to pick a service project or organization
- Providing regular service projects for youth and families to do together through partnering with local social service agencies such as Isaiah House.
- Annual summer mission trips. Past mission trips have included locations such as a home build in Appalachia, a Civil Rights pilgrimage in Montgomery, Ala., and working with camps in Canada.
Growing in faith and life is about spending time together! So, we provide a variety of opportunities throughout the year for youth to have fun together. These special events include trips to amusement parks, concerts, sleepovers and movies.