From birth, children already have a relationship with God. Our role as a church is to create loving and safe environments for children to experience God’s love and learn the stories of faith; equip caretakers and families to help guide their child’s faith journey; and to help children grow in Christian discipleship.
Some of the ways that we support children to grow in their faith include:
- A safe and loving nursery where children can experience God’s love through care and imaginative play.
- A special welcome and time of leadership in our weekly Sanctuary Worship.
- Weekly Children’s Worship Services – Children Worship & Wonder for ages 4 – 7 and Kid’s Quest for ages 8 -13
- Date Night – a monthly ministry which teaches caretakers about family faith practices and supports families with the gift of time by providing free childcare for three hours.
- Special family events such as our annual Trunk or Treat and Chili Cook-Off, summer pool parties, and family retreats.
- Service opportunities for children and families to serve the community. Previous opportunities include participating in Isaiah House Saturday outreach events, and special collections of toiletries and swimsuits.
- Passage into Discipleship – a faith mentoring program for those age 8 and up who may be interested in baptism, or making the commitment to being a Christian if already baptized.
- Providing families with a special devotional during special times of year such as Advent and Lent.