This changing environment caused by COVID 19 restrictions and recommendations heightens our anxiety and fear. Florence Christian Church wants our friends and families to experience the peace that God makes possible through shared information, spiritual practice and community connection. Return to this webpage often to find resources intended to heighten your awareness of God’s presence in the chaos.
Florence Christian has stepped back to Phase 1:
- Covid-19 cases are rising in Kentucky and in Kenton/Boone Counties. The sanctuary is not open to the public for worship until the pandemic is contained.
- Worship is a live stream recording in the sanctuary and broadcast on on our website, Facebook live and YouTube at 10:30 AM Eastern.
Resources available to community to stay in “virtual” touch:
- Weekly announcements for Sunday, Jan. 17, 2021
- FREE AND FRESH PRODUCE DISTRIBUTION on second and fourth Tuesdays at 2:30 PM, serving up to 60 pounds of food per family. Drive through the upper parking lot and we will put the food in your trunk. January dates: 1/12 and 1/26
- Face masks. We have face masks in the office. Please call (859) 647-5000 Ext. 1 to arrange a safe way to receive a mask.
- Make Face masks: We need sewers to make more masks. We have fabric if needed. Please contact the church office if you need fabric. Here is an instructions sheet.
- Resources for Self-Care: Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook, Self-Care Checklist, Year of Wholeness sermons and activities
- Donate to the Hearts and Hands fund to meet specific needs of our worshiping community and Discover Zone Family Fund for families in financial crisis. Select these funds from the drop-down field.
- Daily devotions from the Pastors are sent out each morning at 6 AM – Click here to see the archive of the devotions. Click here to receive the link by text message.
- Daily devotions from The Upper Room. Printed copies are in the church office. Call to arrange pick-up or mail delivery.
- Care & Share Pantry in our upper parking lot. Volunteers are stocking it daily. Take what you need and share what you have in abundance.