This changing environment caused by COVID 19 restrictions and recommendations heightens our anxiety and fear. Florence Christian Church wants our friends and families to experience the peace that God makes possible through shared information, spiritual practice and community connection. Return to this webpage often to find resources intended to heighten your awareness of God’s presence in the chaos.
Pastors Weekly Update:
Covid 19 Update:
Please know this is a working plan and will be updated/changed as the situation unfolds.
Phase 1 currently in place:
- Discover Zone closed
- Church office closed to all but essential personnel. We are still performing the essential functions of the church. Please call if you have a question or need.
- Virtual worship continues on Facebook, the website, YouTube, and available on DVD.
- Faith groups, teams, and church leaders meet via Zoom
- The building is closed to recovery groups, outreach ministries, Scouts, and others.
- Food ministries continue and are expanded.
Phase 2 – June 15
- Discover Zone has a tentative reopening date of June 15 observing all guidelines from licensing agencies.
- Church office will open to volunteers and guests with face masks, frequent cleaning and maintaining social distancing guidelines on a limited basis.
- Virtual worship will continue. In-person worship (date not determined) will be offered to a limited number of low-risk individuals, with face masks, frequent cleaning and social distancing. No singing.
- Food ministries continue.
- The building is closed to recovery groups, outreach ministries, and others.
- Faith groups, teams, leaders and Scouts yet to be determined.
Phase 3 – to be refined as we live through Phase 2
Resources available to community to stay in “virtual” touch:
- Face masks. We have face masks in the office. Please call (859) 647-5000 Ext. 1 to arrange a safe way to receive a mask.
- Make Face masks: We need sewers to make more masks. We have fabric if needed. Please contact the church office if you need fabric. Here is an instructions sheet.
- Resources for Self-Care: Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook, Self-Care Checklist, Year of Wholeness sermons and activities
- Weekly announcements including the Pastor’s Weekly Update
- Adopt-A-Senior: Sign up to reach out each week with a card or phone call to one of our seniors who is confined to home. You may be asked to run an errand or provide a meal. Adopt-a-Senior. We are adding seniors as the need arises, so check back often. Click here for full instructions and a resource guide.
- Donate to the Hearts and Hands fund to meet specific needs of our worshiping community and Discover Zone Family Fund for families in financial crisis. Select these funds from the drop-down field.
- Daily devotions from the Pastors are sent out each morning at 6 AM – Click here to see the archive of the devotions. Click here to receive the link by text message.
- Daily devotions from The Upper Room. Printed copies are in the church office. Call to arrange pick-up or mail delivery.
- Care & Share Pantry in our upper parking lot. Volunteers are stocking it daily. Take what you need and share what you have in abundance.
- Community Action Commission providing emergency assistance with utilities, rent, food, health insurance and more.