The tradition of celebrating the season of Advent the 4 before Christmas only began a couple of centuries ago. Actually, the season of preparation in the early church was as long as eight weeks! Therefore, in order to set our hearts on the path of preparation and celebration of the real reason for the season, Florence Christian Church begins Advent early! Advent is a season of preparation for the coming of the Christ again and again. Through traditional and familiar practices, we wait, asking questions to see the “new Word” God has for us during this unsettling time.
November 8 through December 24, 2020
Visit this page often to find the current information and links to participate in all the worship and celebration opportunities that Florence Christian has planned for this important season.
- Specific items requested by the children. **Understand the “Virtual Giving Tree Tag” code. Each child is assigned a letter and the number is the priority the parent assigned to the request. For example all gifts labeled with #B-1 through #B-8 are for the same child and #B-1 is the highest priority gift. Please try to select gifts with higher priority and make sure every child (letter) receives something.
- Gift cards from local retailers
- Donate to Florence Christian and we will do the shopping: https://florencechristian.breezechms.com/give/online Select “Giving Tree 2020” from the drop down menu
- (RECOMMENDED) Order gifts online and have them delivered to the church – 300 Main Street, Florence KY 41042. (If you choose Amazon Smile and designate Florence Christian as your charity, the church will get a donation!) Include the Giving Tree Tag number in the gift options section.
- Drop unwrapped gifts off at the church office by appointment (859-647-5000 Ext.1) no later than 12/6 with the Giving Tree Tag number clearly displayed on the gift.
Thank you! Call the church office if you have questions – (859) 647-5000 Ext. 1
Purchase poinsettia plants ($12 each) to adorn the sanctuary for Christmas Eve services. After the service, the plants will be delivered to our homebound ministry partners as a special gift from their church. Funds raised in excess of expense will be donated to the Memorial Fund in memory or honor of your loved ones.
Orders are due Dec. 13, 2020.
If you have questions, please call the church office – 859-647-5000 ext. 1
ORDER YOUR ADVENT IN A BAG HERE
Advent in a Bag is designed for the entire church family to have the resources that are normally available throughout the Advent season at the church building. Not only will you find instructions for an advent wreath to enjoy now but you will also receive the candles and communion kits for the Christmas Eve services.
- Order an Advent in a Bag for your family by November 15 or call the church office to order your Advent in a Bag.
- Schedule a time to pick up your bag at the church after November 20 – (859) 647-5000 Ext. 1. Special arrangements can be made to deliver bags to your home.
- Post pictures of your family doing the activities in the bag on social media sites.