Walk down the updated hallway in the Admin Wing to see the existing kitchenette with a fresh coat of paint. What used to be storage space is now the Fresh Start Shower Ministry with two ADA compliant bathrooms with showers.
We are pleased to announce that formal construction of the Fresh Start Shower Ministry and Admin Wing Renovation is complete!
While we were celebrating the coming of the Christ Child, contractors were hard at work. They finished painting, installed new flooring throughout and completed the electrical and plumbing work. It looks amazing!
As with major projects, there are many steps before it is totally complete. A few items remain to be received and installed due to supply chain delays. Now that construction is complete, security and IT work is scheduled to begin. They are also finishing punch list items to make sure everything is done to our satisfaction. This work will continue for the next few weeks into early February.
The delivery and installation of much of the office furniture is scheduled for January 20. Some items are delayed until mid-March, but fortunately they will not delay our move into the space.
Once the office furniture is installed, we will begin the process of returning the church offices to the Admin Wing. We hope to do this at the end of January/early February. As you can imagine, this is a major undertaking! Please be patient with office staff as we go through this transition. We will keep you updated with official move in dates. We have also set a soft launch date of March 1 to open the Fresh Start Shower Ministry. You will hear more about how you can be a part of this ministry.
If you are interested in a tour following worship on 1/16, please meet Pastor Diana by the interior entrance to the Admin Wing at either 9:40 AM or 12:10 PM.
Phase One Renovations include:
- Replacing Admin Wing roof completed Winter 2020/2021 due to unexpected roof damage and flooding.
- Bell Tower removal completed Spring of 2021 due to safety concerns. It will be rebuilt in a future renovation phase.
- Expansion of the Shower Ministry to include two showers, laundry facilities, and expanded hospitality near completion.
- Updating the HVAC, electrical, flooring, and design of the Admin wing to meet ministry needs and goals nearing completion.
- Replace all remaining roofs on the campus in planning stages.
- The construction dumpster has been placed between the street and the Care and Share Pantry to minimize parking disruptions.
- Temporary restroom usage adjustments due to lack of access are as follows: When the Narthex and Well are open to the public during the day, the Men’s restroom will be accessible as a single gender inclusive restroom. (Remember to flip the lock when you enter!). The Women’s restroom will be utilized by the Discover Zone students. After hours and on weekends, the restrooms will be used as a Men’s and Women’s.
If you have any questions please contact Josh Crabtree, Building Committee Chair at [email protected].