On Monday, July 27 demolition formally began of the administrative wing! Tile has been taken up with special care to abate any asbestos. Lighting fixtures have been removed. Inefficient heating in walls is being removed. We are seeing the first steps of what renovation looks like! And it includes some mess!
This day has been weeks, months, and years in the planning. We are so grateful for everyone’s support. Renew-Restore-Revive Capital Campaign (2018-2021) is the first step in help to secure our physical campus for generations to come.
Phase One Renovations include:
- Replacing Admin Wing roof (completed Winter 2020/2021 due to unexpected roof damage and flooding)
- Bell Tower removal (completed Spring of 2021 due to safety concerns) with plans for rebuilding in future renovations
- Expansion of the Shower Ministry to include two showers, laundry facilities, and expanded hospitality
- Updating the HVAC, electrical, flooring, and design of the Admin wing to meet ministry needs and goals
- Replace all remaining roofs on the campus
- The demolition dumpster is placed near to the office entrance to facilitate disposal of demo materials. It will be relocated in a few weeks. Temporary handicap and visitor parking is created near the Activity Center.
- Temporary restroom usage adjustments due to lack of access are as follows: During the week in the daytime, the Men’s restroom will be accessible as a single gender inclusive restroom. (Remember to flip the lock when you enter!). The Women’s restroom will be utilized by the Discover Zone students. After hours and on weekends, the restrooms will be used as a Men’s and Women’s.
If you have any questions please contact Josh Crabtree, Building Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.